The Music & Sound Studies Interdisciplinary Research Group wishes to reward extraordinary work done by undergraduate students in any area of music and sound studies. The award is given to an undergraduate student for work that may be in the form of a written paper or a music/sound project (e.g. music performance, sound art, music/sound recording, podcast, creative writing etc.).
- Any undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Minnesota during the academic year.
- Must be an original work produced while a enrolled at the University of Minnesota.
- One submission per student per year.
- For written submissions: Essays written in any genre and on any topic in music and/or sound are eligible.
- For creative/artistic submissions: Any type of performance or sound/music production is eligible for submission.
- For papers over 20 pages (double-spaced) please indicate sections (of up to 20 pages) that the committee should read; for music/sound/video over 10 minutes please indicate sections (of up to 10 minutes) that the committee should review.
By Monday May 21 send the paper to email@example.com (as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file). For non-paper format send the submission in the appropriate format.
The following information must figure clearly on the first page of the paper or as a separate document accompanying the submission:
- Course/purpose for which the paper or other material was produced.
- Advisor of the project.
Students may self-nominate or be nominated by instructors. No letters of recommendation are required. The awards committee is appointed by the executive committee of the Music & Sound Studies Interdisciplinary Research Group.